Call for Presenters
Kallah is part of ECE-RJ’s investment in the development of the current and rising directors, teachers, and stakeholders of early education programs with a connection to a Jewish organization.
Apply to speak at this conference and help our attendees grow their skills and deliver great value to ECE-RJ members and Kallah attendees.
This year, due to COVID-19 precautions, Kallah will be held virtually.
Kallah attendees will come together to take a deep-dive into how we listen, learn, act, and create the community every individual needs — exploring the many ways we can further our work together, to open our ears and widen the tent that surrounds our families, institutions, and the greater community.
The Kallah committee is looking for workshops/presentations (approximately 1-2 hour sessions) for Directors, Assistant Directors, and Teachers, fitting into the following criteria.
- Reflecting Upon and Confronting Inner Bias and Assumptions
- The Pedagogy of Active Listening (Reggio-Emilia learning)
- Storytelling and Resonating
- Jewish Reflection & Mindfulness Practices
- Hearing the Voices of Jews of Color, Jewish members of the LGBTQIA+ community, community members with varying abilities, and those in otherwise marginalized communities
- Understanding Anti-bias and Anti-racist Education
- Cultivating Racial & Family Diversity in our Schools & Institutions
- LGBTQIA+ Equality in Jewish Life
- Communication Strategies for Deep Conversations with Students, Educators, & Families
- Accessibility Practices for All Community Members
- History of Jewish Activism & Community Organizing
- Challenging Implicit Bias
- Being a Catalyst for Change in our School/Congregation/Community
- Rights for Children and Families
- Anti-Racist & Anti-Bias Commitments
- Language that Reflects our Values
- Building Environments to Meet the Needs of All Community Members
If you would like to help in another way, please let us know!
Presentations during the 2022 Kallah will take place between January 12th-15th.
Due to the virtual nature of this conference, certain presentations can be pre-recorded. We endeavor to support our presenters and show our appreciation with monetary stipends (typically around $100/hr.)
Submit Your Proposal by August 31st, 2021.
Please click on the button below to complete the Proposal Form. Completed proposals are due to ECE-RJ no later than August 31st. Thank you for considering sharing your expertise and helping to make our conference an inclusive experience for all who attend. We look forward to hearing from you!